Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
All it takes is 48 hours! Just that little amount of time, and a small amount of moisture in your home or business can become a serious mold infestation. Whether it started from an overly-humid environment, a slow leak or a sudden burst pipe, a colony of mold needs to be dealt with promptly and professionally to prevent damage to your property, as well as health effects. Unfortunately, mold can be a stubborn problem and not easy to eradicate. That’s why your trusted resource is SERVPRO of Glastonbury/Wethersfield. We have the training, protective gear and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (860) 633-8791
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Glastonbury / Wethersfield for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Glastonbury / Wethersfield has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- East Glastonbury
- South Glastonbury
- Rocky Hill
- Glastonbury Center